The Privacy and Access Council of Canada (PACC) is the preeminent organization in Canada devoted to information privacy, access to information, and data governance — and as the voice for privacy and access in Canada, PACC is uniquely positioned to effect change.
PACC promotes good privacy, access and data governance practices in Canadian organizations.
PACC takes a collaborative approach to national and regional issues of importance to the access and privacy profession, and a leadership role in improving the regulatory environment to best align the interests of privacy and access professionals with those of their organizational stakeholders.
- PACC represents members across the private, public, and non-profit sectors who deal with any of Canada’s privacy and access laws and regulations.
- PACC is the certifying body representing leadership and excellence in information privacy, access to information, and data governance across Canada’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
- PACC acts as a professional advisory body to professional and industry associations, government agencies, and other groups.
- PACC offers an established and credible certification program
PACC members focus on access, privacy, and data protection. PACC publications, programs and advocacy have much broader value.
PACC is a trusted voice for access and privacy in Canada
• National • Non-profit • Non-partisan • Non-government •
Industries served by our association
The need for guidance in meeting regulatory requirements extends across the public, private and non-profit sectors, and includes academia, aerospace, banking, construction, entertainment, government, financial services, hospitality, human resources, insurance, legal, law enforcement, manufacturing, oil and gas, and transportation.
We are a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers and we keep our prices low to enable as many colleagues as possible — particularly in the public and third sectors — to be involved and benefit from membership.
Responsive to the Community
People and organizations across the country look to PACC and its members for reliable and practical knowledge about individual and organizational rights and responsibilities.
PACC provides members with valuable opportunities to learn, connect, and share with colleagues across the access, privacy, and data governance community. We encourage an open exchange of ideas and knowledge to help advance individual and organizational efficiency, effectiveness and compliance.