The Privacy and Access Council of Canada (PACC) is the professional association devoted to access-to-information, information privacy, and data governance across Canada’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
As the voice for privacy and access in Canada, PACC is uniquely positioned to effect change to strengthen the profession and uphold the highest standards of practice.
PACC is a trusted voice for access and privacy in Canada
• National • Non-profit • Non-partisan • Non-government •
PACC takes a collaborative approach to national and regional issues of importance to the access and privacy industry, and a leadership role in improving the regulatory environment to best align the interests of privacy, access and data protection professionals with those of their organizational stakeholders.
- PACC promotes ethical and sound privacy, access and data governance practice and legislation.
- PACC represents members across the private, public, and non-profit sectors who deal with any of Canada’s privacy and access laws and regulations.
- PACC is the certifying body representing leadership and excellence in information privacy, access to information, and data governance.
- PACC acts as an advisory body to professional and industry associations, government agencies, and other groups.
- PACC offers an established and credible certification program
PACC members focus on access, privacy, and data protection. PACC publications, programs and advocacy have much broader value.
Industries Served by our Association
The need for guidance in meeting regulatory requirements extends across the public, private and non-profit sectors, and includes academia, aerospace, banking, construction, entertainment, government, financial services, hospitality, human resources, insurance, legal, law enforcement, manufacturing, oil and gas, and transportation.
PACC is a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers and we keep our prices low to enable as many colleagues as possible — particularly in the public and third sectors — to be involved and benefit from membership.
Responsive to the Community
People and organizations across the country look to PACC and its members for reliable and practical knowledge about individual and organizational rights and responsibilities.
PACC provides members with valuable opportunities to learn, connect, and share with colleagues across the access, privacy, and data governance community. We encourage an open exchange of ideas and knowledge to help advance individual and organizational efficiency, effectiveness and compliance.