- PACC promotes ethical and sound practices, policies, and legislation
- PACC gives voice to issues that affect the profession and its members
- PACC gives members opportunities to gain professional visibility and excel
- PACC helps privacy, access, and data protection professionals succeed
- PACC is uniquely positioned to effect change to strengthen the profession and uphold the highest standards of practice
• Independent • Member-based • Non-profit • Non-partisan • Non-government •
PACC members across the public, private, and non-profit sectors represent a cross-section of the many disciplines involved in data protection including privacy, access, compliance, law, government, security, ethics, academia, and public policy.
- PACC members adhere to a Code of Conduct and believe that good privacy, access and governance practices contribute to an organization’s ability to create value, be accountable, and meet legislated compliance requirements
- PACC acts as an advisory body to professional and industry associations, government agencies, educational institutions, and other stakeholder groups
- PACC provides updates on legislative and regulatory requirements, enforcement and outcomes and is a reliable source for media
- PACC advocates on behalf of its members and offers a range of opportunities for members to have a voice about access and privacy, but neither represents nor advocates on behalf of individuals or organizations.
PACC is the professional association and certifying body representing leadership and excellence in information privacy, access to information, and data governance.
- PACC Professional Certification is relevant to privacy and access; is applicable to the private, public, and non-profit sectors throughout the country; and is not an exam-based program.
- PACC offers an established and credible certification program based upon defined national standards of competence, professionalism, and proficiency
- PACC certification relies on an unbiased qualification process founded upon three pillars of demonstrable skill + experience + education relevant to the many interrelated aspects of data protection.