The Privacy and Access Council of Canada is an independent, member-based, non-profit, non-partisan and non-governmental professional association.
As an educational and professional membership organization, PACC promotes high standards of competency and conduct among its members to advance the state of privacy and access across Canada. PACC is also the certifying body representing leadership and excellence in information privacy, access to information, and data governance.
PACC helps members protect their organizations and advance their careers through professional development and access to a rich pan-Canadian professional network.
PACC provides updates on regulatory requirements, enforcement and outcomes, as well as opportunities for members and the public to have a voice in the course that access and privacy take across our great nation.
Primary goals of PACC
- To advance and promote awareness of Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance issues
- To promote responsible and effective practices and policies on Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance
- To provide education and training in the area of Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance
- To provide and administer a professional certification program in accordance with national standards of competence, professionalism and proficiency related to Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance
- To establish and maintain a Canadian centre of expertise and excellence in Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance
- To address issues related to Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance in the general public interest to Canadians
Services provided to members of our community
- Timely, practical and accurate information and training relevant to privacy, access, and governance
- Member discounts on educational programs, including workshops, seminars, conferences, courses and webinars
- Professional networking opportunities at educational and social events and through online channels, and the opportunity to engage in conversation with industry experts
- Professional certification opportunities
- Periodicals and practice guidelines: The Winston Report, National Core Competency guidelines, and information circulars
- Privacy and Access job board postings for internships and professional positions
- Cooperative programs with other national organizations
- Access to the knowledge and resources of the nation’s access, privacy and data governance community
Industries served by our association
The need for guidance in meeting regulatory requirements extends across the public and private sectors, and includes academics, aerospace, banking, construction, entertainment, government, financial services, hospitality, human resources, insurance, legal, law enforcement, manufacturing, oil and gas, and transportation. PACC assists information privacy, access to information, risk managers and corporate boards across the public and private sectors.