Like all PACC endeavors, the National Privacy and Data Governance Congress is made possible thanks to the dedicated volunteers who lend their time and talent to help with onsite registration, logistics, crowd control, and various other tasks.
If you are interested in volunteering at the next Congress, please contact congress_at_pacc-ccap_dot_ca and let us know which volunteer position you would like to help with.
Congress bloggers will help build awareness leading up to the PACC Congress by drafting compelling blog posts about planned Congress events. During the Congress itself, bloggers will be expected to complete at least two event assignments (additional assignments as time permits).
- Attend workshops, sessions, and networking events of interest as identified by the Congress Registrar
- Write blog-style content on the event’s topics for the PACC Congress blog
- Take photos of the event for use in the blog
- Plan out and conduct informal interviews with Congress speakers and delegates as necessary
Skills: Excellent writing skills in English and/or French (ideally both). Experience with blogging. Ability to meet demanding deadlines. Ability to work creatively and with little supervision. Good interviewing skills. Journalism, photo editing and/or copy editing experience is an asset.
Equipment (optional): Access to a digital camera or mobile phone with camera.
Congress Tweeters will help engage online audiences by generating thoughtful, original tweets related to Congress events. Throughout the Congress, tweeters will be assigned to attend specific sessions and networking events.
- Attend and actively listen at events identified by the Congress Registrar
- Tweet comments about the session’s content
- Tweet meaningful quotes/statements by speakers
- Tweet photos of the event, venue and speakers
- Use hashtag #PACCcongress
- Actively retweet Congress-related tweets while on duty
Skills: Excellent knowledge of social media. Experience with Twitter. English and/or French writing skills. Ability to work quickly, creatively, independently, and thoughtfully. Ability to summarize commentary and use good judgement.
Equipment: Access to own phone with data capability and a Twitter account. Wifi access is available at the Congress venue.
Registration Clerks will assist at the Congress registration desk with all duties as assigned by the Congress Registrar.
- Answer attendees’ questions
- Interact professionally with delegates, speakers, special guests and media representatives
- Assist with delegate and speaker package preparation
- Distribute speaker and delegate packages
- Registration Clerks might also be asked to introduce speakers
Skills: Good with the public. Strong communication skills. Customer service-oriented. Ability to speak French is an asset. Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.