We look for posts that are well researched with lots of practical tips, including insight, advice, and educational resources. Readers expect and deserve credible information backed up by verifiable data, research and examples. They are less interested in recitations of statistical information or annual report content that are readily available elsewhere. And they can get commonplace news and insights elsewhere.
Blog posts typically run about 1,500–1,800 words, but we are known for flexibility — so if the topic needs it, we’ll make space for longer pieces.
Most of our readers are privacy, access, and governance professionals, and members of affiliated professions such as cybersecurity and compliance. They all expect and deserve accurate, high-quality, and trustworthy content. They are not interested in thinly-veiled sales pitches, and neither are we.
Ours is a bilingual profession in a bilingual country. Submissions may be in English or French — or both.
Guest Post Guidelines
To improve the likelihood that your contribution will meet our standards:
- Make sure that your guest post is original content.
- Thought-provoking content that challenges traditional wisdom, proposes better ways of doing things, or identifies problems and offers solutions is more likely to catch our attention
- Your writing should present a unique perspective on a timely topic that has not yet been covered in Issues & Insights, or that looks at an issue from a novel angle.
- Most of our readers are privacy, access-to-information, and governance professionals, and members of other professions who require reliable information and guidance about access, privacy and data governance. They all expect and deserve accurate, high-quality, balanced and unbiased content. They are not interested in thinly-veiled sales pitches, branding exercises, or self-serving promotional content; neither are we.
- Read some of the previous Issues & Insights posts to get a feel for the voice and style we use. The issues surrounding access and privacy are important to everyone in Canada, so articles should appeal to our members, to people across the access and privacy community, and to the general public as well.
- Every public and private sector organization has access and privacy governance obligations, and many of those organizations and governance professionals in those environments are PACC members. Please remember that we prefer to support the people and organizations that support the PACC as members.
PACC reserves the right to edit and adapt your contribution as we see fit, and to update or delete it in the future. We also may modify submissions to include calls to action and links to PACC content such as newsletters, guides and standards.
How to Submit a Guest Post
To submit your guest post, please email it as an attachment to editor_at_pacc-cap_dot_ca and include:
- Complete contact information
- Links to other content you have published
- A short bio (150 words max)
- High res headshot
- Graphics and screenshots to illustrate examples.
- Attribution details for all graphics and photos, including your headshot
Our editors will review your submission and contact you within two weeks if it is accepted for publication.