Under the direction of the Director, Decision Support and Health Information, the Privacy Officer will work closely with Clerical and Release of Information (ROI) staff as well as all Clinical Programs to coordinate the implementation, education of, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, and access to, personal health information in compliance with applicable legislation and PRHC privacy practices.
The Privacy Officer will provide expertise, assistance and leadership to health records staff, and Clinical Programs as appropriate, on privacy and Release of Information issues including the performance of access audits on hospital information systems and assisting in the investigation of potential breaches of privacy.
The Privacy Officer will also support the Manager, Health Records in ensuring PRHC’s compliance with all matters related to Freedom of Information and PRHC’s responsibilities under applicable legislation.
- An undergraduate degree in Records and Information Management, Library Science, Archival Studies or a Health Science related discipline is preferred, or a combination of education, training and moderate experience in information management and access and privacy legislation
- International Association of Privacy Professionals and Records Management Certification is an asset
- Significant experience handling and maintaining confidential and highly sensitive material with tact and discretion
- Knowledge of the Ontario healthcare system, applicable legislation, administrative, clinical and departmental principles and protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and how they relate to the Quality of Care Information Protection Act (QCIPA) and the directives, guidelines, decisions and orders of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (IPC).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of staff and physicians in an ever-changing, fast paced customer focused environment with the ability to coordinate with diverse stakeholders under specified timelines
- Experience planning and delivering training programs and presentations
- Experience developing various documents including policies, briefing notes, and internal and external correspondence
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organizational skills and time management skills
- Proficient in managing large volumes of documents electronically, ability to research and assimilate a large quantity of diverse information
- Experienced in understanding and interpreting legislation and case law
- Proficiency in relevant information technology including using applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and redacting software such as Adobe
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- Detail oriented, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre
Closing Date: 04 MAY 2017