Reporting to the Program Manager, Information Asset Management, Access & Privacy, is responsible forsupporting activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Community & Health Services Personal Health Information Protection Act 2004(PHIPA) process; ensuring adherence to the Region’s policies and procedures for personal health information covering the privacy of, and access to, personal health information in compliance with PHIPA and industry best practices, as well as any applicable Regional policies, procedures and bylaws; processing and coordinating Departmental matters relating to PHIPA; preparing responses to access requests made under PHIPA; assisting in the investigation of privacy breaches, conducting privacy impact assessments, and overseeing the education and training related to PHIPA; and advising on matters related to the protection of personal health information.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business/Commerce, Health Sciences, Technology or related field orapproved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in Privacy or Risk Management.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Knowledge of Ontario and Canadian privacy laws and Personal Health Information Protection Act(PHIPA), Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act(MFIPPA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act(PIPEDA), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act(FIPPA), and other applicable legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project and Time Management skills.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing privacy policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Experience managing privacy incidents and breach responses.
- Experience in preparing training materials and facilitating training events.
- Analytical, organizational and interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training sessions for Departmental staff on PHIPA legislation.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications, as well as proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and Scheduler software applications.
- Ability to apply the principles of Health Information Management and change management.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Click here for additional details and to apply by August 8, 2018, quoting competition #22719.