As one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, Rocky View County offers significant opportunities for professional development. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for the complexities of rural and urban development. We seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Deputy Municipal Clerk and overseen by the Manager Legislative and Legal Services, the Access, Privacy, and Records Coordinator is responsible for corporate records management and acts as FOIP coordinator for Rocky View County. This includes developing, recommending and implementing access, privacy, and records management policies, strategies, retention and disposal schedules.
This position is responsible for developing training manuals and programs for staff, ensuring compliance of all departments with legislation, as well as for the policies and procedures for the County’s Records & Information Management Program. They will conduct training sessions for departmental users of the records management systems and act as an ongoing information resource.
- Develop, implement and maintain the County’s Records & Information Management Program. Work with departments to ensure the proper and effective use of the program.
Policy and Procedure Development
- Develop, review and update the County’s Records & Information Management and Access & Privacy Policies/Procedures. Standardize information throughout the organization for effective and efficient use of resources.
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that the access, privacy, and records management needs of the organization are considered as an integral component of corporate level planning, strategies and initiatives.
- Keep up to-date with and understand the changing information needs of the organization so that the Records Management System may be adapted to meet those changing needs.
- Together with the Records Clerk, coordinate, organize and track the destruction and removal of records from all departments, as directed, to comply with the County’s Retention, Disposition & File Classification Manual.
- Together with the Records Clerk, provide day-to-day care, custody and control of all designated records storage areas. Ensure that records storage space is allocated and maintained appropriately and that records management issues are addressed proactively.
Computer System Design
- Assist in the design and implementation of a computerized system for records management functions and maintain systems as required.
- Act as liaison with associated technical support personnel.
- Respond to requests from employees, Council and the public regarding access to information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
- Process requests for information in accordance with current legislation.
- Coordinate records searches;
- monitor and track requests;
- collect fees and
- oversee on-site record reviews.
- Liaise with the Provincial Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) in the event of an investigation or privacy breach.
- Train users in access, privacy, and records management systems; conduct training classes as necessary; act as an ongoing information resource to County staff.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Records and Information Management Certificate or Diploma will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in records management administration preferably in a municipal government or other government organization.
- Working knowledge of FOIP.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of electronic records and document management systems (ERDMS).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Closing Date: 03 December 2017