Posting No. 547(292)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
1. Administers the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program.
2. Develops, coordinates and implements policies, processes, procedures, guidelines, and systems to provide effective delivery of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program to provide for compliance with The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
3. Administers and responds to Access to Information and Disclosure Requests.
4. Administers the Privacy Impact Assessment Process, working with departments to identify personal information and other sensitive information and mechanisms to mitigate privacy risks.
5. Provides leadership, direction, advice, and support to departments regarding access to information matters, including review and identification of records responsive to an access to information request for appropriate release in accordance with The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
6. Researches and analyzes case law and Information and Privacy Commissioner Investigation Reports that may impact decisions on access to information and disclosure requests.
7. Responds to third party review requests, working with departments for input on release of relevant records, and formulates an appropriate response.
8. Provides leadership, direction, advice and support to departments regarding privacy matters, privacy breach response and reporting requirements, and addresses employee and public concerns regarding the protection of personal information.
9. Establishes and monitors performance measurement criteria for the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program.
10. Develops and provides training and education on access to information and protection of privacy legislation.
11. Develops corporate standards based on best practices for the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information.
12. Liaises with the Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner as required in reviews from that office.
13. Performs related duties as required.
Degree in Public or Business Administration or related discipline with a minimum of five years diversified experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field OR graduation from a recognized two year diploma program in information management or a related field with a minimum of ten years diversified experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field.
Must either have certification through the Canadian Institute of Access and Privacy Professionals and/or the Privacy and Access Council of Canada or possess the Information Access and Protection of Privacy Certificate.
Demonstrated knowledge in the interpretation and application of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, The Cities Act and other relevant municipal legislation, including bylaws.
Demonstrated knowledge of access to information and privacy principles and records and information management concepts, policies, procedures and best practices.
Demonstrated ability to make well-informed recommendations and decisions based on relevant legislation, bylaws, policies and practices, relevant City issues, and case law.
Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, accountability and integrity in administering the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program.
Demonstrated planning, project management, research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet legislated timelines.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff, outside agencies, and the Information and Privacy Commissioner’s Office.
$78,057.84 to 91,718.64 per annum (2016 rates). CLOSING DATE:
Friday, January 13, 2017.