Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the incumbent is responsible for the overall administration of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, as well as serving a vital role in the University’s information management governance.
- Advise community members on the interpretation of legislation and policy related to access to information, privacy and security of information.
- Oversee the operational responsibilities of the Access to Information and Privacy Office.
- Serve as the University’s primary resource for all access to information requests. Oversee all aspects of time-sensitive requests from receipt to response
- Monitor regulatory requirements against our policies and procedures; regularly review the privacy protocols and procedure to ensure they are up to date.
- Ensure organizational compliance with relevant legislative obligations by designing training and awareness module (this includes designing and maintaining an online privacy and information security communication strategy).
- Organize and conduct training sessions for the University community.
- Conduct research related to best practices in information management (access, privacy, security); consult with organizations on policy and procedure related issues.
- Enhance the effectiveness of communications initiatives and information in collaboration with University Communications Services.
- Work closely with Secretary General, IITS, RMA, ERMC and other business units, Human Resources and other relevant departments in the assessment and management of the University’s privacy/information security policies and procedures.
- Represent the University at relevant internal and external working groups, committees and associations to ensure the needs and concerns of the University are well-represented; investigate and resolve privacy complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and over 7 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the University environment or other para-public setting is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of policies related to privacy and protection of personal information.
- Advanced oral and written English (level 5) and French (Level 5) in order to interpret, write and edit detailed information and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with ability to anticipate departmental needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- A background check satisfactory to the employer may be required from the successful candidate.
Closing Date: November 9, 2017