EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
Export Development Canada (EDC) is seeking experienced access to information professionals to join its Privacy and Information Risk team. Reporting to the Director, Privacy and Information Risk, the Advisor and Senior Advisor are experienced members of the team that oversees compliance with EDC’s response obligations under Canada’s access to information and privacy legislation.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the Advisor/Senior Advisor manages deadlines and deliverables on simultaneous files. He/she writes at a professional level and prepares accurate and concise project documentation and reports for a senior audience.
- Handles response to access and personal information requests and associated complaints and investigations
- Serves as first point of contact for response to regulators related to access and personal information requests
- Communicates and resolves complex and contentious issues with internal and external parties with skill and diplomacy
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to enable effective interpretation and application of legislative requirements
- Independently handles response to access and personal information requests in accordance with legislated requirements and EDC policy and procedures
- Leads, oversees and reports on response to complaints and regulatory inquiries, including investigations within the scope of the role
- Develops documentation and reports for regulators
- Coaches and reviews the work of less experienced team members
- Serves as escalation point for interpretation and handling of complex issues, including exemptions
- Contributes to the ongoing development and maintenance of procedures and guidance
- Law degree or advanced degree in a similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years (Advisor) or 7 years (Senior Advisor) of relevant experience
- Experience interacting with regulators and handling complaints and investigations
- Advanced English language skills (oral and written)
- Recognized ATI credential
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Privacy experience
- Experience delivering training
- AccessPro Case Management system