The Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter (CWES) is looking for an individual that believes change is possible, and will thrive in an environment that nurtures families impacted by violence and abuse. Working in a culture of respect and trust together we will build healthy families in our community.
Under the overall supervisor of the Research and Evaluation Consultant, and coordinating closely with the Director, Client Services on privacy related matters, the Analyst is responsible for the data collection, entry, and analysis related to client information.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
Client Database Related Responsibilities:
- Report generation (both internal and external).
- Client database management (document and integrate changes to data collection and reporting requirements).
- Client database help desk; ensure the continued functionality of the client database, proactively identify and resolve problems, and ensure the continued improvement of the client database.
- Frontline Staff training and ongoing support to use the client database.
- Program evaluation responsibilities.
- Promote the use of evaluation results across the organization by recognizing the primary intended user of evaluation results; involving users in the design and development of evaluations and promoting the use of evaluations.
- Frontline staff training of data collection procedures.
- Train, coach, and guide frontline staff and program managers on the client database (Outcome Tracker), program evaluation plans, and funder specific outcomes.
- Evaluation data collection and data entry, including interviews (on phone and in person), focus groups, and survey delivery.
- Evaluation analysis and presentation in a way that can be heard, understood, and supports use.
- Assist in research activities including literature review, data collection, report preparation, measurement tool development, and transcription of qualitative data.
- Acts as FOIP Privacy Officer Primary point of contact for all FOIP related requests.
- Ensure privacy and information requests are responded to in a way that meets related FOIP.
- Collaborate with Director of Client Services on all privacy related policies within CWES.
Other related duties as assigned:
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection of data, data entry, and data analysis on a daily basis.
- Maintain the data file structuring, maintenance, synthesis, and reporting of results.
- Provide reports on individual counsellor data entry and client survey results, including analysis and recommendations, when requested.
- Train, coach, and guide shelter and community services counsellors and program managers on the client database (Outcome Tracker) and funder specific outcomes.
- Fulfill the duties of the privacy officer with support from the Director, Client Services.
- Assist in research and evaluation activities including literature review, data collection, report preparation, measurement tool development, and transcription of qualitative data.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Statistics or a related field or a combination of Bachelors’ degree with directly relevant experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of FOIP is strongly preferred.
- Membership with the Canadian Evaluation Society and/or CE designation an asset.
- Minimum of two to four years directly related experience, preferably in a non-for-profit environment.
- Experience with program evaluation is essential.
- Experience training adult professionals is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills with strengths in prioritization and efficiencies; ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English. A second language would be an asset.
- Ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision; self-motivated with strong self-management ability is essential.
- Ability to work both independently and within a fast paced team environment, with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS), and Outcome Tracker.
- Proven professionalism, excellent judgment, and the ability to use discretion and diplomacy while maintaining confidentiality, ethics, and agency standards.
- A criminal records search and an intervention record check are conditions of employment.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.