The ATIP Office is seeking a confident and highly motivated individual to join their team in the role of ATIP Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing requests for information in accordance with the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act as well as advising and guiding OSFI employees in their handling of requests for information, particularly those related to third party confidential information. The position supports the maintenance of OSFI’s Privacy Impact Assessment Framework and the awareness and training program, as assigned by the Manager.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to staff one position on an indeterminate basis.
A pool of qualified or partially qualified candidates may be created to staff similar positions with various tenures (indeterminate, term, acting, etc.), linguistic profiles (CBC/CBC, BBB/BBB, etc.) and/or security requirements (reliability, secret) within the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
– A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
– Recent* and significant** experience interpreting and applying the Access to Information and the Privacy (ATIP) legislation
– Significant** experience in consulting with other departments, other levels of government and third parties on the disclosure or protection of information
– Experience preparing briefing materials and providing advice to senior*** officials on sensitive privacy and access to information matters
– Significant** experience in leading the entire process of departmental ATIP requests
– Experience in handling complaints filed with the Office of the Information Commissioner or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
*Recent is defined as an experience obtained within the last five (5) years.
**Significant is understood to mean the depth and breadth of experience normally associated with having performed a broad range of various complex related activities, which could normally be acquired over a period of approximately 3 years or more.
***Senior officials are defined as Director level and above.
Closing date: 20 July 2017 – 23:59, Pacific Time