At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Privacy Specialist to join our Legal team.
Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, the Privacy Specialist is responsible for developing Aviso’s data privacy framework and implementing privacy strategies to support to Aviso’s Legal Department and other members of the Company as required. The Privacy Specialist will implement industry best practices and solutions to reduce risk and ensure the protection of customer data. The Privacy Specialist will leverage their knowledge of privacy law to assist with privacy inquiries from all departments of the organization and will act as an initial point of contact for the management of all privacy breaches from investigation to the involvement of necessary regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Ensure Aviso complies with the applicable privacy legislation and amendments thereto –PIPEDA, CPPA, PIPA, CASL etc.
- Develop and implement a privacy management framework and create tools to manage compliance
- Conduct investigations and recording/reporting of privacy breaches
- Be the central point of contact for all privacy related inquiries at Aviso
- Develop and maintain policies, processes, and training as required
- Conduct systematic audits and provide recommendations to improve privacy practices or correct areas of non-compliance;
- Develop and present reports to executives on privacy incidents and statistics
- Work with regulatory bodies such as the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (and applicable provincial equivalents), and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, as required
- Monitor the industry landscape to identify trends and implement best practices