BC Public Service
Ministry of Health
Manager, Health Information Legislation
Management Band 2
Salary $62,000 – $86,000 annually
Bring your expertise in privacy legislation to this key leadership role
The Health Sector Information Management and Technology Division (HSIMT) brings information management and information technology (IM/IT) services and initiatives together under one business portfolio for a coordinated approach across the Ministry of Health and provincial health sector. The division promotes the integration of health sector data into daily business operations and policy development and provides sector-wide leadership for IM/IT planning and business solutions.
The Health Information Privacy, Security and Legislation Branch (HIPSL) leads policy development supporting the new future-state Heath Information and Management Policy Framework. The Health Information Management Policy Framework will establish health sector specific privacy requirements governed by several pieces of legislation including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Information and Privacy Act. When the Health Information and Management Policy Framework is completed, HIPSL will oversee its implementation in the health sector.
The Manager, Health Information Legislation oversees the development of sector-wide HIM policy framework and the development of the implementation plan to enable the execution of the Ministry’s strategic agenda and priorities; and determines the goals and objectives for the development of sector-wide HIM policy framework.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Completion of a related university degree (e.g., political science, English, sociology, law, business administration, public administration).
- Two years of experience related to:
- Interpreting and applying legislation;
- Conducting research and developing policies in a regulatory environment;
- Independently managing projects; and
- Establishing collaborative relationships with senior level professionals and a wide range of stakeholders;
To learn more, including how to apply online by January 21, 2018, please visit: