No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
BDC is looking for knowledgeable, experienced and motivated Data Governance Senior Analyst.
The mandate of the team is to define and implement data governance and data management standards and processes for the Enterprise. As an important member of the Data Office, you will collaborate with different key stakeholders in Financing, Advisory, Capital, Marketing, Risk Management, Finance, and IT to ensure that data management policies and standards are comprehensive and add value to existing processes while aligning with BDC standards and regulatory requirements.
The Data Governance Director will be responsible for defining and implementing data policies, defining data management standards and processes, and working with a team that monitors compliance of data policies across the organization to ensure availability of high-quality data. She/he will provide daily oversight and strategy execution of data governance and data quality framework consistent with the organization’s goals and objectives by
- Effectively contributing to business and data requirements elicitation, creation of project documentation and supporting the project teams (IT and Business teams) to design and develop solutions per the requirements.
- Interfacing with senior management; contributing towards ongoing data quality improvement initiatives. The Data Governance Analyst will also liaison with the BI, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AA&AI) center of excellence to assist in the gathering of requirements and in implementing right solutions.
- Supporting data quality, data lineage, business definitions, and master data/reference data initiatives
- Supporting integration of new data sources, reconciliation efforts as well as prescribing requirements of user / business acceptance testing
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure that the data standards/processes align with enterprise standards.
- Supports all internal and external regulatory reviews and manages deliverables as a result of review findings. She/he plays a critical role in driving process enhancement efforts to increase efficiency, including process automation and optimization, establishing SLAs and creating data quality standards.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Creates and implements data governance framework / roles & responsibilities that meets data objectives for Data office and aligns with Enterprise data management office
- Establishes and executes the data governance standards and processes, which includes end-to-end process and data quality framework for assessing decisions that ensure the suitability of data for its intended purpose
- Executes enterprise data governance strategies in line with the organization`s business strategy and objectives
- Establishes the data governance council, its vision and direction. Oversees the creation of data governance policies and standards
- Defines and implements data governance management tools
- Assesses data repositories for compliance with data governance policies and standards. Works with all areas of the business to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Manages direct reports and projects to achieve in accordance with company policies and practices
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications
- Develops employees through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans
- Manages the creation of quarterly compliance reports.
- Develops and executes data quality standards and processes in line with the enterprise data management policies and guidelines
- Works with business owners to define and establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with organization’s needs
- Develops data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the Bank
- Establishes data quality process, governance, and issue tracking process tools.
- Works with business and IT partners to remediate identified gaps using both manual and automated solutions.
- Establishes processes to continuously monitor data quality. Ensures processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Develops and executes data lineage standards and processes in line with the enterprise data management policies and guidelines
- Works with business owners to defines and establish data lineage/association rules and definitions consistent with organization’s needs
- Manages projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with company policies and practices
- Prepares and analyzes departmental plans and reports
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in quantitative area, professional financial designation or MBA
- 10+ years of data governance and data management experience
- Experience in leading and managing a data governance team and program with deep expertise in defining and implementing data governance policies, standards and processes and recommending improvements in technology solutions to ensure user / regulatory requirements are met
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative and exhibit creativity and adaptability in problem solving
- Leadership and management experience, with excellent interpersonal, communication (written/verbal), team building and negotiation skills
- Deep knowledge of data management processes (includes data quality, data lineage/ metadata, master data / reference data) and data governance practices
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial services industry and data management
- Excellent skills in leadership, project management, time management, analysis & process design, mentoring and coaching
- Leadership ability to make decisions involving uncertainty using logic, thereby formulating a clear rationale based on available information, exercise sound and accurate judgment, support, and explain reasoning for decisions and recommendations