No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Data Governance Specialist is a key member of the Data Governance Team. The mandate of the team is to define and implement data governance and data management standards and processes for the Enterprise. The team will collaborate with stakeholders in Financing, Advisory, Capital, Marketing, Risk Management, Finance, and IT to ensure that data management policies and standards are comprehensive and add value to existing processes while aligning with BDC standards and regulatory requirements.
The Data Governance Specialist will assist with strategy execution of data governance framework consistent with the organization goals by:
- Effectively contributing to business and data requirements elicitation, creation of project documentation and supporting the project teams (IT and Business teams) to design and develop solutions per the requirements.
- Interfacing with senior management; contributing towards ongoing data quality improvement initiatives. The Data Governance Specialist also liaisons with the BI, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AA&AI) center of excellence to assist in the gathering of requirements and in implementing right solutions.
- Supporting data quality, data lineage, business definitions, and master data/reference data initiatives
- Supporting integration of new data sources, reconciliation efforts as well as prescribing requirements of user / business acceptance testing
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure that the data standards/processes align with enterprise standards.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
Data governance and stewardship support
- Support the creation and implementation of data governance framework / roles & responsibilities that meets data objectives for the enterprise
- Execute enterprise data governance and data management strategies in line with the organization`s business strategy and objectives
- Support the creation, implementation and on-going support of data policies, standards and processes
- Prepare management and technical presentations and interfaces with senior management and business users to document business requirements, data and information needs, and data exchange flows
- Establish and partner with cross functional data stewards & data custodians and recommend solutions to resolve issues in data policies/standards, data definitions, data usage, data quality and metrics.
- Assess data repositories for compliance with data governance policies and standards, work with all areas of the business to ensure data quality and integrity, and establish and maintain standards/processes for data sharing and custodial agreements
- Perform research to formulate data governance recommendations (data ownership, data management and decision-making processes, procedures and mechanisms)
- Support lead data steward by ensuring work efforts and deliverables are compliant with policies, standards, and processes that will drive consistency across organization
- Develop and deliver data governance educational awareness and mentoring materials to data governance council, data domain stewards and data governance team
Data quality management support
- Develop, analyze and maintain data quality metrics/thresholds for measuring compliance adherence and improvement
- Work with business stewards to define data quality business rules
- Profile data, identify data quality issues, document root cause analysis, create action plans for remediation/ mitigation and meet with stakeholders to review data quality performance reports and scorecards
- Manage the resolution of data quality issues (e.g. accuracy, integrity, consistency, and completeness) by prioritizing and taking immediate actions in a timely manner
- Implement data quality management policies, standards and processes
Data lineage / metadata management support
- Identify and define key business terms, definitions, business rules, quality requirements and critical data elements and work with business stewards to create and maintain business glossary
- Assist lead business data steward with metadata management, maintaining business data definitions/ business glossary and data lineage
- Implement data lineage/metadata management policies, standards and processes
Master and Reference data management support
- Assist lead data steward with master/reference data management and maintaining of hierarchies (product, client, account etc.)
- Gather, analyze, and document master/reference data relationships and hierarchies for master/reference data management tool
- Work with functional teams to identify, triage and prioritize master/reference data issues and concerns and facilitate issue resolution sessions with IT teams
- Implement master/reference data management policies, standards, and processes
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in quantitative area, professional financial designation or MBA
- Deep knowledge of data governance practices and data management processes and data quality tools
- 5+ years of data governance and data management experience
- Experience with Machine Learning Data Catalogs (MLDC)
- Experience with modern data architectures
- Proven experience developing business cases and managing departmental budgets.
- Experience with agile data governance and agile data management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry, Data Management / Security / Privacy and Risk management
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written/verbal), teamwork, coordination and consensus building skills
- Excellent skills in leadership, project management, time management, analysis & process design, mentoring and coaching
- Experience in working with different areas of the organization to ensure implementation of data governance principles, policies, and standards are incorporated for the specific line of business / corporate function and facilitate/assist in remediation initiatives for the LOB
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with line of business / corporate function, Information management and IT groups and providing a single point of contact for interactions
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients, synthesize complex or diverse information, and use intuition and experience to articulate business needs to Data Governance lead by identifying activities which may be improved through the use of technology
- Leadership ability to make decisions involving uncertainty by formulating a clear rationale based on available information
- Experience in working cross functionally within an environment of multiple data repositories, multi-systems, multi-architectures, multi-vendors and multi-business lines
- Strong written and communicational skills in English and French
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Ability to communicate to the business community.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Good business judgment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, agile, and collaborative environment.