The Privacy Officer coordinates and performs risk assessment, monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure that the Privacy Program is aligned with the Enterprise-wide commitment to protect customer and employee personal information.
Program Execution and Monitoring
• Coordinate and perform ongoing risk assessments and compliance reviews to ensure compliance policies and risk controls are operating appropriately. Create analyses of risk assessments for LOB business group(s). Identify and analyze factors which may affect risk mitigation and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Perform ongoing validation of monitoring strategies to ensure appropriate governance and control. Identify observations of trends and recommendations to optimize data.
• Prepare complete, accurate documentation of compliance monitoring and surveillance activities. Report findings to Compliance and LOB management and provide timely follow-up on outstanding issues.
• Provide advisory services on privacy matters to business line contacts and management (first line of defense)
• Review, communicate and changes to applicable regulatory policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in all regulations, directives and guidance which apply to the Privacy Office.
• Provide input to LOB Compliance and LOB staff regarding emerging issues and interpretation of regulations.
• Identify training needs based on gaps identified through the compliance monitoring process.