Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Wells Fargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. Wells Fargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
The Wells Fargo Canada Regional Operational Risk team is responsible for the oversight of a risk-based program to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency. The Operational Risk team is looking for a highly motivated and proactive professional to support the Global Data and Privacy Protection (GDPP) program and support regional projects and initiatives.
- Act as the Canada Privacy Leader and support the implementation and enhancement of the GDPP and Canadian Privacy programs; this is inclusive of developing and maintaining the supporting program documentation
- Manage the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation program requirements
- Consult with businesses and support functions to fully understand privacy impacting activities in Canada and participate in risk management and due diligence risk management activities such as new product and service processes
- Consult with Legal, Technology, and Compliance to understand privacy implications related to IT applications used in-region
- Participate as a Canadian Privacy SME in Wholesale and Canadian regional level projects to ensure compliance
- Support any privacy related audit, Compliance Testing, and regulatory related inquiries
Market Skills and Certifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in privacy, compliance, or operational risk management.
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian privacy laws and regulations
- Program and/or project management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy