The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has one (1) exciting fixed-term opportunity up to March 31, 2023 within the Corporate Services branch at CATSA Headquarters.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthly and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Information Management, Privacy and ATIP , the Privacy Advisor is responsible for overseeing privacy deliverables in support of corporate projects and providing ongoing consultation for operational activities within the organization. The Privacy Advisorperforms all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in public administration, law, social sciences, accounting or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a privacy environment;
- Knowledge of privacy methodologies and processes;
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Privacy Act;
- Experience leading projects;
- Experience researching, collecting and synthesizing information into a concise and cohesive summary;
- Experience writing and preparing policies, Privacy Impact Assessments, reports, briefing notes, plans and other documents;
- Experience working in a policy advisory capacity or similar service;
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders and preparing presentations and reports for senior management and external stakeholders.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to persuade, engage and influence others;
- Strong teamwork skills used within internal team as well as in cross-functional teams;
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written; ability to tailor communications to suit a wide variety of audiences;
- Ability to work well with all levels of management;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities; strong organizational skills;
- Integrity, discretion and diplomacy.
Valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of CATSA’s mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA;
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and related regulatory and security issues;
- Knowledge of Crown corporation governance;
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration Act;
- Knowledge of the Privacy Act and Access to Information Act;
- Experience facilitating training sessions or promoting programs, policies or practices.
Specific work requirements :
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Language Profile: Bilingual (BBBB);
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Closing Date: 13 December 2021