Are you are interested in working for a small yet dynamic organization that promotes creativity? Do you wish to make a difference and contribute to its unique challenges as it strives to excel in air transport security?
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), a Crown corporation responsible for security screening at designated airports across Canada, has an exciting temporary opportunity for a period of up to 6 months with possibility of extension:
About the job
Reporting to the Manager, Information Management, Privacy and ATIP, the Privacy Advisor is responsible for providing support in the delivery of the following privacy requirements:
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and organizational reviews.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice on potential privacy implications of CATSA’s activities.
- Develop CATSA-specific Personal Information Banks (PIBs) or register Standard Personal Information Banks as required.
- Develop risk mitigation plans to respond to recommendations resulting from privacy-related investigations, audits and Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Support the Manager in the development of a privacy program, including privacy training, incident management, compliance, and policy development.
- Help facilitate privacy training for management and staff to increase awareness and communicate importance of meeting privacy requirements throughout the organization.
- Conduct research and provide analysis and recommendations regarding emerging privacy trends, best practices, and regulations.
- Liaise with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in order to facilitate the team’s service delivery and maintain awareness of emerging trends, including preparing correspondence as required.
What you need to succeed
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in public administration, law, social sciences, accounting or another speciality relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a privacy environment;
- Knowledge of privacy methodologies and processes;
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Privacy Act;
- Experience leading projects;
- Experience researching, collecting and synthesizing information into a concise and cohesive summary;
- Experience writing and preparing policies, Privacy Impact Assessments, reports, briefing notes, plans and other documents;
- Experience working in a policy advisory capacity or similar service;
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders and preparing presentations and reports for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Language requirements at the Bilingual (BBBB-level)
- A CIPP/C Certification will be considered an asset.
Skills and abilities
- Strong teamwork skills used within internal team as well as in cross-functional teams;
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written; ability to tailor communications to suit a wide variety of audiences;
- Ability to work well with all levels of management;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities; strong organizational skills;
- Integrity, discretion and diplomacy.
Closing Date: August 10, 2018 by 23h59 EST.