Clyde & Co is looking for a lawyer with 7 to 8 years of relevant experience to join our specialized, professional, ambitious and proudly diverse cybersecurity team.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT CLYDE & CO
Our Canadian offices are an essential part of Clyde & Co’s global practice, providing a strong regional focus for both local and international clients across a range of complex and contentious matters, including professional liability, casualty, construction and infrastructure, cyber risk, class action defence, insurance defence and coverage, D&O liability and product liability. Our lawyers have vast experience litigating disciplinary proceedings against a broad range of professionals as well as handling fraud, antitrust, anti-corruption and regulatory investigations.
At Clyde & Co, we offer a highly supportive culture in a friendly, welcoming environment, characterized by diversity and inclusion. Our fast-growing international firm is known for its global outlook, comprehensive practice, and genuine commitment to clients as well as for its distinctive approach within an open, fast-paced and rapidly changing field.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Your role will be to become actively involved in the firm’s team of lawyers working in the field of privacy and cybersecurity practices, and to advise our insurer clients and their insureds from various sectors of the industry.
- Advise insurers regarding cyber-risk claims;
- Advise insurers and their insureds regarding the legal and operational issues affecting information technology, e-commerce and privacy protection;
- Offer advice on best business practices through audits, certifications or evaluations of factors related to privacy;
- Provide support and advice in responding to security incidents and data breaches;
- Work with clients to reduce risks by improving procedures, training and communication related to the protection of personal information;
- Lead and manage complex matters as a team with Clyde & Co partner(s) and lawyer(s), as well as with clients;
- Work closely with experts to prepare and present clients’ positions;
- Understand and summarize complex issues in legal as well as factual and technical matters;
- Draft opinions, incident reports and other requests for various stakeholders;
- Make sure the Clyde & Co firm responds rapidly in the event of an incident involving cybersecurity or personal data security;
- If necessary, implement an intervention program in order to be efficient and effective in crisis situations;
- As a lawyer specializing in cybersecurity, potentially act if necessary as a mediator in the resolution of information technology disputes;
- Anticipate, analyze and evaluate information technology risks for clients as needed;
- Fulfil other responsibilities related to this role or that result from the emergence of new priorities.
- Degree in law from a recognized university;
- Member in good standing of the ”Barreau du Québec”; member of the Ontario Bar would be an asset;
- Minimum of 7 to 8 years of relevant experience, namely in cyber insurance, protection of confidential information, privacy and cybersecurity;
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills;
- Excellent analysis and summarization skills;
- Sound judgement and high-calibre legal reasoning;
- Integrity, rigor and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated abilities in strategy development;
- Expert sense of interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to develop trusted connections with clients and other external partners, when applicable, as well as with partners, other lawyers and all levels of firm staff;
- Collaborative team spirit;
- Bilingualism in oral and written English and French.