McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
This position reports into the Director of Corporate Quality and Compliance. The Business Unit Compliance and Privacy Specialist will be responsible for creating, implementing and directing McKesson Canada’s compliance and privacy quality management activities across designated business units as well as overseeing the implementation of the various privacy & compliance corporate policies and business processes based on established procedures, relevant regulations and industry guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the designated business units’ privacy procedures and practices in coordination with the Privacy and Compliance Team, quality departments, IT security and the legal department.
- Conduct compliance and privacy self-assessments to assess the management of personal information across the designated business units and assists in the development and implementation of the designated business units’ action plans for privacy compliance.
- Conduct ongoing compliance and privacy monitoring activities across designated business units.
- Ensure privacy requirements are met across all designated business units by providing appropriate consent forms, access to information forms, employee privacy pledges, privacy clauses, privacy agreements and other documents;
- Identify the designated business units’ compliance and privacy risks, detecting shortcomings and bringing to the attention of Director Corporate Quality and Compliance;
- Investigate, track and report compliance and privacy incidents to Director Corporate Quality and Compliance;
- Provide, develop, source and coordinate ongoing regulatory and business processes compliance and privacy presentations and related training;
- Promote activities to foster privacy awareness within the designated business units;
- Oversee delivery of compliance and privacy training for staff;
- Remain up to date with new ideas, concepts, guidelines and regulations with regard to all compliance and privacy topics;
- General Responsibilities
- Assume the lead compliance and privacy role within the designated business units and interact with the business unit privacy leaders and other quality and process personnel across those business units to ensure consistency;
- Provide direction and work closely with the Director Corporate Quality and Compliance to ensure that all colleagues understand the importance of privacy and compliance, and that they adopt the positive attitude required to achieve the goals of the privacy program willingly;
- Set and maintain internal privacy standards that are in line with customer deliverables;
- Review all business units Standard Operating Procedures and business processes system (review and updates, design of new SOPs, training, etc) to ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws and industry standards. Be present to support or facilitate regulatory or customer inspections in all areas of business across the designated business units.