Concentra Bank is a purpose-based organization, striving to create the future of banking. We are embarking on a boldplan to evolve and grow into a diversified, top tier performing company delivering greater value to employees,customers, and owners.
As an innovative and future-focused company, we form partnerships to deliver industry-best financial solutions to ourcustomers. We offer a wide range of financial solutions including specialized banking, consumer finance, treasury,wealth, and trust services and more. We strive to be among the most trusted organizations in Canada by solvingproblems for our customers and offering a positive, seamless experience.
Concentra employees enjoy a competitive total rewards package and flexible work environment. We are looking for aninnovative, solutions focused privacy professional to join our Legal team in one of our corporate locations (Regina,Saskatoon, Surrey, Toronto) or in a home office environment.
(Full-time, Permanent Position)
As a key member of the Legal team, the Privacy Analyst assists the Legal Director and Chief Privacy Officer in theongoing design and implementation of the Bank’s Privacy Program, training, incident investigation, risk assessmentand reporting and champions a privacy culture that promotes best practices in alignment with the Bank’s core valuesand strategic objectives.
The Privacy Analyst supports and contributes to the overall success of the Privacy Program by ensuring accountabilitiesare conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures and privacy bydesign principles. The Privacy Analyst is an advisory to Business teams and assists in responding to inquiries andaccess requests and supports the Privacy Office in incident and complaints investigation, breach reporting, third partyrisk assessments, privacy impact assessments and the development of training and awareness campaigns. The PrivacyAnalyst is an internal resource on privacy law, legislative developments, and industry trends.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in business, finance or risk management, or related field and 2-3 years’ experience in Privacy Program management; a combination of education and experience will be considered<br>
- Industry certification will be a plus (e.g., PACC-CCAP, IAPP)<br>
- Advanced knowledge of federal and provincial private sector privacy legislation, regulations, guidance and breach reporting requirements<br>
- Ability to gather, analyze, organize, document and present information in a succinct and organized manner<br>
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative resolutions or approaches to problems<br>
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills<br>
- Working knowledge of privacy management software and processes<br>
- Working knowledge of commercial banking, retail banking, and trust activities and practices<br>
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills<br>
- Working knowledge of collaboration systems including Microsoft Teams<p>
To apply, please visit our Career page at www.concentra.ca
At Concentra, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we partner with. We encourage all membersof the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join ourteam. Concentra strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment andis committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.