This position is responsible for responding to formal requests for access to information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Health Information Act, preparing privacy impact assessments, developing educational materials and resources and providing advice to front line staff and leaders in relation to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal and health information in Covenant Health’s custody and control.
As a member of a small corporate team, the position is accountable to provide services across the entire organization and may be required to assist with other information and privacy duties such as managing proactive audits or responding to privacy breaches or complaints.
– Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. information management) required.
– Information Access & Privacy Certificate desired.
– Must have direct knowledge and experience working with Alberta’s information and privacy legislation.
– Information privacy, information systems security or records management experience in a health care environment desired.
– A combination of education and experience will be considered.
– Must have superior communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
– Must be able to analyze and interpret diverse and complex information in performance of duties.
– Driver’s license is required for travel between sites.
Closing Date 2017-03-24