A non-profit organization, we offer programs & services to support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of collaboration, hospitality, excellence and respect.
The Coordinator, HIS & Privacy is responsible for the coordination of Health Information Services for the River Road Place (RRP) Program, and is the designated Privacy Officer for the RRP Program. The position ensures that Health Information Services are delivered in accordance with St.Amant’s values, organizational and program policies and procedures, accreditation standards and relevant Provincial and Federal legislation. The Coordinator also oversees the systems and processes involved in the collection, use, disclosure, correction and destruction of personal health information on behalf of the individuals and families served by the RRP Program, and, engages in audits of these systems.
- Graduate of a Health Information Management Program from a recognized College
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Meets any required competency and continuing education standards
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Health Information Service environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with the application of Manitoba’s Personal Health Information Act (PHIA)
- Knowledge of the Child & Family Services Act and the Vulnerable Person’s Living with a Disability Act
- Experience with electronic software platforms for the management of personal health information