This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties to facilitate Covenant Health’s compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Health Information Act. Duties may include providing advice to front line staff and leaders in relation to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal or health information, responding to requests for access to information, preparing privacy risk assessments, investigating privacy breaches, developing educational materials and resources and delivering training. The successful candidate may also be assigned responsibility for the management and implementation of a variety of information and privacy projects.
This is a corporate position accountable to provide services across the entire organization and some travel may be required.
– Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. information management) required.
– Information Access & Privacy Certificate desired.
– Must have direct knowledge and experience working with Alberta’s information and privacy legislation.
– Three years experience in Information privacy, information systems security or records management in a health care environment.
– A combination of education and experience will be considered.
– Must have superior communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
– Must be able to analyze and interpret diverse and complex information in performance of duties.
– Valid driver’s license is required for travel between sites.
Closing Date: 05 May 2017