Who We Are
Founded in 1891, the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia is a BC health regulatory body that ensures the public receives safe and effective pharmacy care by registering and regulating pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and by licensing community and hospital pharmacies across BC.
At the College, we believe in integrity, transparency, and excellence. As part of our team, you can expect to be treated professionally and with respect. We strive to work hard as a team in order to succeed, while support staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
About the Role
The College is seeking an individual with at least 3 years of relevant work experience to take on the full-time role of FOI and Privacy Officer. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is based in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have Information Management experience as well as demonstrated knowledge of applicable privacy regulations and legislation (FOIPPA), including the preparation of Privacy Impact Assessments.
The position is responsible for managing and responding to Freedom of Information requests from intake to response. This role also assists the Chief Operating Officer with privacy management plan components, including privacy training and awareness.
- Manages and responds to Freedom of Information requests from intake to response.
- Searches all College files and email system for records; reviews and sorts records for relevancy.
- Reviews and severs all relevant Freedom of Information records, including liaising with legal counsel to ensure records are properly redacted.
- Liaises with all parties, including the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for any time extensions.
- Prepares all severed Freedom of Information records to be approved by the Registrar.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer with privacy management plan components, including privacy training and awareness.
- Prepares Privacy Impact Assessments as part of the College’s project management program.
- Assists with all aspects of the records management system and processes.
- Assists with maintaining the College Intranet structure in collaboration with content provided by Human Resources and other departments as required.
- Takes on the role and responsibilities of the Records Information Management Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Coordinates and/or leads other related activities as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-secondary education with at least 3 years of relevant work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Certification as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/C and/or CIPM) or a PACC Professional an asset
- Education or experience in Information Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable privacy regulations and legislation (FOIPPA), including the preparation of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Experience in assessing policies and procedures, interpreting legislation, formulating recommendations
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact and discretion when working with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to logically analyze, categorize and systemize complex information
- Exceptional detail orientation and drive for accuracy
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to use a common sense approach and demonstrate sound judgement
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and during times of ambiguity
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Commitment to continual learning
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint an asset
Salary & Benefits
The College provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a defined benefit pension plan. We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth; strive for work-life balance; and provide an excellent and challenging work environment where innovation, teamwork and creativity are highly valued.
College’s Diversity Commitment
Equity and diversity are important to the College. We encourage applications from members of various minority groups or groups that have been marginalized under the BC Human Rights Code including race, religion, place of origin, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, political belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 13, 2019.
*Please note that resumes will not be kept on file and only successful candidates will be contacted.