Location: Policy, Planning & Performance Management
Status: Permanent Full-Time
SCHEDULE OF WORK:
Serve as subject matter expert and drive activities that support the identification, analysis, mitigation, management, and reporting of privacy risk. Provide expert technical direction in the advancement of various initiatives, including business intelligence and open data, ensuring privacy and data regulatory compliance considerations are built into systems and services. Will work closely with IT and public service staff to influence stakeholder awareness and understanding of the important role privacy plays in the successful execution of digital services.
- Advise the organization on privacy best practices, particularly in relation to open data and business intelligence
- Assist in the development of a BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy, incorporating privacy by design into all project stages
- Support information quality assurance in the implementation and use of software tools and systems
- Advise on data and information security, including software and hardware solutions to ensure compliance with privacy and security regulations
- Provide guidance in the protection of privacy in the Library’s process of digitizing services
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of privacy impact assessments (PIAs) on information technologies, information systems, proposals and initiatives
- Analyse privacy risk and advise on risk mitigation and management strategies and solutions
- Monitor privacy trends and best practices in the business, library and government sectors and initiate the necessary action to respond
- Develop policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines pertaining to privacy and assist in implementation and rollout
- Develop and implement programs that improve the effectiveness of privacy risk management and protection strategies, ensuring compliance with legislation and industry best practices
- Advise the organization on all privacy matters, consulting with internal resources, external organizations, and liaising with Legal Services as required
- Prepare background reports, briefing memos, presentation materials and draft policies for review by senior staff and the Library Board
- Advises, develops, and delivers training and education on privacy and access
- Deal with confidential and sensitive information affecting Library operations, assets and resources
- Research and advise on records retention, lifecycle management of information and privacy related issues in terms of applicable federal and provincial statutes, regulations and municipal bylaws, and developing solutions including best practice responses.
- Reviewing, making recommendations, and processing the release of information following formal requests for access
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Certified Information and Privacy Professional (CIPP) and/or Certified Privacy Manager (CIPM) strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant and progressively responsible experience. A mix of privacy, technology, information management, project management, and policy development is ideal Demonstrated experience evaluating data and systems through the lens of privacy and security (e.g. encryption, retention, and transmission)
- Demonstrated experience and awareness of privacy trends and outcomes in managing data for the purposes of open data or big data/business intelligence
- Depth of technical knowledge and experience assessing and supporting the implementation of digital services and technologies, particularly from a privacy, security, and regulation perspective
- Experience in leading and conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) Experience in quantifying and qualifying privacy and security risk and in researching and applying relevant access and privacy requirements and risk mitigation strategies
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to take lead on projects and initiatives
- Able to gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical plans; work with a cross-section of individuals in different areas of the organization, and have effective presentation and influencing skills
- Extensive knowledge of privacy legislation and policies at the municipal, provincial and federal level
- Excellent report writing, communication, presentation skills with the ability to explain privacy and security data analysis results to business people and business processes, challenges and issues to technical people
- Demonstrated exceptional judgement in ambiguous and challenging situations while continuing to move work toward a goal
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Sound judgement and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
SALARY: $82,118.40 per annum (2017 Rate)
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Posting #, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Public Library invites applications from all qualified individuals. The Library is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Closing Date February 17, 2017