The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is an independent society led by a strong and diverse board of over 100 First Nations community representatives. FNESC is committed to improving education for all First Nations students in BC. FNESC works in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA), as well as other partner organizations.
Since its establishment in 1992, FNESC has worked to communicate the priorities of BC First Nations to the federal and provincial governments and to support First Nations communities in working together to advance education issues. Communications, research, partnership-building and advocacy are all central to FNESC’s activities.
We are currently recruiting for a Data and Privacy Analyst to join our team and play a key role in our commitment to improve education for all First Nations students in BC.
The Data and Privacy Analyst supports data-driven decisions and advocacy by providing accurate, timely, and accessible education data, assisting teams to derive insights from the data, assisting with data requests to government partners, and compiling data to support reporting requirements.
The Data and Privacy Analyst will also serve as FNESC’s Privacy officer and will oversee all activities related to the implementation of, and adherence to, the organization’s privacy and protection of personal information policies and processes, and to ensure FNESC is in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gathering and analyzing data from various databases and sources;
• Performing statistical and/or mathematical analysis;
• Liaising with Ministry of Education and Advanced Education staff regarding data requests and joint projects;
• Creating user-friendly, non-technical reports and visual representations to assist staff and other in data-driven decision making;
• Developing data requests or querying data to address specific internal informational requests;
• Contributing to the development of information sharing protocols with partner organizations;
• Implementing and as necessary revising FNESC’s privacy and protection of personal information policies and procedures;
• Maintaining an enhanced culture of privacy and the responsible collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction of personal information;
• Advising FNESC management on privacy policies and procedures;
• Managing privacy education programs;
• Developing record distribution and storage policies;
• Creating, publishing, and maintaining record-retention schedules.
• BA or BSc degree in Information Systems or other relevant field (Informatics, Data Management);
• a minimum of two (2) years working in research and data analysis;
• ability to provide records management solutions via SharePoint or other related software;
• knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation surrounding data privacy and security;
• experience in informatics, data management;
• ability to manage data within Information systems (ASP.NET APPs, ADP APPs; SQL databases);
• understanding of the BC education system an asset.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. The office hours of employment will be between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with a one-hour break for lunch. However, the nature of this position is such that some additional time with notice may be required and there is a possibility of work on weekends or during the evenings and minimal travel may be required.
Closing Date: July 28, 2017