Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Health Sector Information Management and Technology Division (HSIMT) brings information management and information technology (IM/IT) services and initiatives together under one business portfolio for a coordinated approach across the Ministry of Health and provincial health sector. The division promotes the integration of health sector data into daily business operations and policy development, and provides sector-wide leadership for IM/IT planning and business solutions.
Reporting to the HIPSL Executive Director and Ministry Privacy Officer, the Director, Health Sector Relations is responsible for leading the strategic work of the cross-health sector Information Privacy and Security Standing Committee (IPSSC) and Health Information Privacy and Security Operating Committee (HIPSOC). IPSSC and HIPSOC are joint committees of the Ministry, Health Authorities and private sector partners such as Doctors of BC that undertake complex, large-scale projects to support and improve safe information exchange in health care. This position will support the Health Sector to transform in response to the Digital Health Strategy.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, public administration, health information, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ recent related experience, including a combination of the following:
- Experience in leadership roles.
- Experience in creating and delivering executive-level presentations for the purpose of decision making.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders and leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior management teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Experience working on transformational IM/IT projects.
- Experience working in BC’s private and/or public health care sector.
- Experience with privacy and/or security policies and initiatives.
$73,400.00 – $101,900.00 annually
This is a temporary opportunity until January 2, 2021.
For more information and to apply online by October 21, 2018, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/51666