Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Never heard of MindGeek? MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
This position reports to the Vice President of Data and Infrastructure. Its focus is to ensure the protection of employee, and customer data by monitoring, and implementing compliance. Cross-functional partners are within the legal department, engineering teams, the strategy group, and broader technology and business teams. The position will have direct reports which are responsible for the development and maintenance of data privacy solutions, as well as monitoring for compliance.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Training the staff involved in the data processing
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of GDPR common services
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Monitoring performance and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all data processing activities
Your solid understanding of current privacy standards, as well as knowledge of upcoming privacy laws will prove critical to your success. Your familiarity with popular web development languages and platforms will give you an advantage ramping up for this extremely rewarding position.
- Experience working in Internal Audit with specific experience in Privacy or Data Protection
- Knowledge of data mining and data warehousing principles
- Ability to identify privacy issues and associated mitigation
- Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate protection measures
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of system development lifecycle
- Experience managing an engineering team or the development of a web platform
- Knowledge of U.S. and European privacy laws, regulations and best practices
- Experience with ePrivacy and General Data Protection Regulations
- Ability to solve complex problems in creative, efficient and cost effective way
- Ability to define and implement comprehensive compliance programs in complex organizations