As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
LIFE at OPENTEXT:
At OpenText and in IT, we believe in every employee having meaningful, purposeful work. By joining our team, you will join a community of supportive and collaborative peers focused on innovation, teamwork, and driving successful outcomes. You’ll be expected to bring with you an ideation and “Yes, if” mindset. And, as you build your network and demonstrate your professional excellence, you will have the opportunity to forge your own career path and professional growth.
Reporting directly to the VP, Global Data Privacy & Compliance, under the CIO organization, this role provides strategic oversight, guidance, and management of the global data privacy program. The Director is responsible to ensure Data Privacy awareness and compliance across multiple lines of business at OpenText. You are also responsible for assessing emerging privacy trends and response strategies on a global scale. To be successful in this role you need to have in-depth knowledge of global data protection laws, be familiar with the technology industry, and think from first principles as it relates to translating compliance requirements to operating procedures. All this with a goal to ensure the company stays free of unnecessary bureaucracy. You are flexible, adaptable, and creative in your recommendations which bring harmony between business and compliance needs. You use scalable approaches and strong problem-solving skills to avoid a “one size fits all” philosophy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide Leadership and set vision and strategy for the global privacy framework
- Oversee and coordinate privacy programs with senior executives to ensure consistency across OpenText.
- Drive key privacy initiatives such as EU GDPR, Privacy Shield, Schrems II and other regulatory compliance with internal and external parties
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders, ensuring both existing and new services, products or processes comply with privacy obligations.
- Develop and coordinate a risk management and compliance framework for privacy
- Monitor the company’s compliance with global data protection laws and policies and review of privacy impact assessments, and other relevant data protection activities
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization globally and related entities
- Provide advice and guidance to the organization and its employees on the global data privacy requirements of current and new regulations
- Advise on privacy’s role in the Project Navigator; the IT project management lifecycle framework
- Responsibe for carrying out data privacy audits, address potential issues proactively and oversee the implementation of compliance tools
- Foster, interact and maintain relationships with global data privacy and supervisory authorities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science, privacy, business, technology, data analytics or law or a related field
- 15+ years industry experience. 8+ years of demonstrable work experience and a proven track record of dealing with data protection and privacy issues globally
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of privacy principles, frameworks and legislation such as Privacy by Design, GAPP, Fair information principles, PIPEDA, GDPR, CASL, HIPAA, CCPA
- Experience with Creating and Delivering Privacy Services (i.e. Regulatory readiness, Programs definition, implementation and automation, Data Protection strategy and implementation, Data Use Governance and Ethics, Privacy by Design for new technologies, Privacy Audits, etc.) • Understanding of Security and Privacy regulatory/legislative compliance (OSFI, Interac, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, PHIPA, HIPAA, FIPA, CCPA, CASL, etc.) Experience of data processing operations and privacy in the technology sector is preferable
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2, NIST and COBIT
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker with excellent legal and business judgment
- Strong understanding and experience with international privacy laws
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams
Every career at OpenText provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.