We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
As the Director, Privacy you will support the Privacy Office mandate and core strategies, primarily in the area of Privacy Governance and Advisory & Consulting Services. You will be a subject matter expert, capable of developing relationships and monitor and support privacy governance across the organization.
How You’ll Succeed
- Advisory & Consulting – Oversee Advisory & Consulting activities for the Privacy Office, including capacity planning, allocation of activities, development of knowledge library and annual reporting. You will evaluate, monitor and assess the ongoing adequacy of CIBC-wide privacy policies, standards, processes, tools, training and communications. You will build and maintain strong relationships with other business areas and provide privacy related expertise and guidance to business units including leading investigating, supporting, assessing or monitoring of queries or initiatives.
- Liaise with Special Interest Groups – Liaise with internal and external special interest groups to identify issues and opportunities, resolve conflicts and/or facilitate development of appropriate organization positions and responses. You will also assist with responses to any regulatory investigation or query.
- Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in managing regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to a Bank as well as experience in communicating regulatory changes and developing and implementing policies, guidelines or procedures to meet regulatory obligations. (5 + years)
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You’re passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You’re a certified professional. You hold a privacy designation with the Certified Information Privacy Professional Association or will acquire within the first year.
- You have a Degree in Business or a related field of study.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan