The Health Information Technology Service (HITS) eHealth Office manages the advancement of regional eHealth systems and solutions. HITS is the Information Technology division of Hamilton Health Sciences, and its eHealth Office offers a variety of services to support innovation and transformation of eHealth including strategic planning, stakeholder relations, communication, change management, proposal preparation and negotiation, and privacy expertise. HITS is the solution provider responsible for deploying ClinicalConnect across south west Ontario, and its eHealth Office is also connecting South West Ontario (cSWO) Program’s Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partner, working with health service providers in the HNHB LHIN to adopt digital health solutions.
The Hamilton Health Sciences Privacy Office is committed to ensuring the privacy, confidentiality and security of personal health information of HHS patients’ is met. In addition to providing guidance on privacy matters the privacy office develops policies and procedures with respect to the collection, use, disclosure, and access to personal health information.
As part of the privacy team, the eHealth Privacy Analyst is one of the first points of contact for privacy-related inquiries from patients, staff, agents and healthcare organizations. The eHealth Privacy Analyst is accountable for providing auditing services. Duties include:
* Participating in the development, maintenance and operation of surveillance processes to monitor compliance with organizational privacy policies and procedures to detect breaches
* Completion of privacy related audit reports and anlysis
* Investigation of complaints or concerns regarding potential breaches of privacy
* Other privacy related duties as required.
2. Demonstrated accuracy in recording and documenting information
3. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
4. Understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality
5. Demonstrated Problem Solving skills
6. Advance experience with Data Analysis
7. Detail oriented (preferred)
8. Excellent facilitation and communication skills (preferred)
9. Experience with Privacy Management Software (preferred)