You will be responsible for planning, implementing, administrating, integrating and sustaining the strategic goals of the Association generally and the Family Support Programs primarily. As an active member of the senior management team, you will assist with strategic, financial and human resources planning. You will also provide leadership by working in partnership with other department managers, chairing internal management sub-committees, sharing clinical knowledge across programs and providing support for short and long term projects when needed.
Below are the Key Skill Sets and Responsibilities of the Position
Program Development, Implementation and Management:
Oversee the Family Support Programs department, including the design of the organizational structure necessary to achieve the division’s goals and objectives
Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate strategic activities and service plans for family support, PASS, clinical consultation, and Privacy in accordance with the directions and strategies established by the Association
Plan, coordinate and supervise the human resource and staff planning for the department
You will be responsible for the selection and supervision of regular, temporary and contract staff. You will oversee all contract management within your program areas.
- Oversee clinical supervision of staff, volunteers and contractors for the department and provide supervision back up for other departments as needed
- Knowledge of child and youth mental health
- Maintain current knowledge of research related to child and youth mental health, child welfare and best practices in social services specifically in adoption.
- Experience in developing content and delivering trainings through a range of presentation platforms.
Evaluation/Contract Management/Financial Management:
- Coordinate ongoing program evaluation, and be responsible for reporting requirements (internally and externally) to the MCFD.
- Demonstrate leadership in the accreditation process and ensures adherence to Continuous
- Quality Improvement Policy and Guidelines
- Oversee the evaluation model and reporting systems for the department
- Manage all program and project financial budgets
- Coordinate all department contract management
- Oversee and coordinate policy development and review related to privacy issues
- Coordinate Association’s policy related to privacy
Education & Experience:
- MSW or MA in a related field
- 3-5 years of staff supervision and program management
- 3-5 years of clinical supervision experience
- 2-3 years of experience working with youth and ideally youth in or from care
- 2–3 years of financial program management
- 1-2 years of volunteer management experience.
- 1-2 years of experience with curriculum development and specifically with e-learning strategies
- 1-2 years of experience working within Indigenous programs
- Experience with fostering, child welfare and adoption public systems
- Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with the social services sector
- Demonstrated understanding of program evaluation, research techniques and information technology analytics
- Demonstrated administrative, financial management, record-keeping, and reporting skills
- Demonstrated leadership in policy development and promotion of ethical practice including privacy, client rights and confidentiality
- Excellent relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and communication skills with an emphasis on professional writing including position papers, research reviews and report writing
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Administrative duties as required