Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Office of the President & CEO, the Administrative Assistant/Freedom of Information Coordinator provides administrative support to the Office of the CEO at Conservation Halton and coordinates Conservation Halton’s Freedom of Information program by managing the related corporate records and responding to information requests.
As the Administrative Assistant to the Office of the President & CEO you will:
- Support the Senior Advisor with general administrative duties where required. These duties will include preparation and distribution of meeting correspondence, schedule management, minute taking and distribution for the Senior Leadership Team, Conservation Halton Board and associated board sub- committees.
- Manage and maintain Board related documents, records and reports including archives and ensure the appropriate information is accessible to Conservation Halton staff.
- Ensure all information including Conservation Halton Board information on the Conservation Halton website and governance portal is up to date and maintained.
- Support the Senior Advisor in preparation of correspondence and presentations on behalf of the CEO including for Board Meetings.
- Support the Senior Advisor in coordinating Board compensation including per diems, mileage and expense reports.
- Assist with the coordination of travel for CEO and Board members.
- Ensure facilities are booked and set up and other logistics are arranged for meetings and events.
- Maintain and update the Corporate Policy Manual.
- Utilize and deploy technology appropriately for information dissemination and archiving.
As the Freedom of Information Coordinator, you will:
- Coordinate all corporate freedom of information requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act ([M] FIPPA) for Conservation Halton. This includes receiving written requests for information and conducting preliminary assessments of applications to check for clarity & completeness; logging accepted requests and preparing acknowledgement letters; coordinating the collection of records with the appropriate staff; determining how complex and time consuming the request will be; reviewing records with the appropriate manager to determine whether there is anything that cannot be disclosed as set out in the Act (s); and preparing records for disclosure
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to the processing of freedom of information requests
- Review existing policies and establishes guidelines to ensure consistent policy development
- Develop and deliver education and training and lead awareness initiatives for staff on the requirements of the Act (s)
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
Closing Date July 4, 2023