The FOIP Coordinator processes requests to comply with legislative timelines, policies and framework of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This role provides service with respect the privacy and security requirements, to ensure the department of City Operations and all it’s Branches are in compliance. In addition, it will assess and analyze issues to determine the seriousness and likelihood of a privacy breach occurring, by researching and analyzing related legislation and policies and provide interpretation, advice and recommendations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Receive all incoming City Operations FOIP requests and review all records provided and apply the mandatory and discretionary exceptions of the FOIP Act
- Prepare all correspondence to applicants in relation to their requests
- Conduct annual forms review to ensure appropriate FOIP Statements and well written and informed consent forms are being used across the department
- Prepare annual statistics on FOIP Activity within City Operations and report to Branch Managers on the FOIP Activity within their respective branches.
- Attend monthly FOIP Coordinators meetings, raising questions or concerns and accepting advice from FOIP Analyst and FOIP Coordinators from other departments
- Advise staff on completing a Privacy Impact Evaluation (PIE) prior to implementing new initiatives that may involve personal information and provide feedback and recommendations
- Identify potential privacy risks and assist areas in mitigating the risk for a privacy breach and reporting for investigation
- Assist Corporate FOIP Office in the investigation of any privacy breaches within City Operations. Provide recommendations to prevent the breach from happening again.
- Support the administration of the Department Records Management Program which includes the management of both physical and electronic records throughout their lifecycle
- Assess and process records inventories and ensure compliance and accuracy before submission to the Corporate Records Centre
Closing Date: 24 October 2017