Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, the CIS Manager ensures the integrity of the health record and clinical information systems. As a leader in our Centre, you will be actively involved in all leadership activities, including our Quality Improvement Program, education and public relations as required, planning and evaluation, coordinating and developing policies and procedures, budgeting and other areas of accountability.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring a complete and informative health record for each Centre client, including timely processing of clinical reports, admissions and discharges.
- Acting as the Centre’s System Administrator and representative for the provincial partners and user groups.
- Coordinating the input of Management Information System coding and allocation of staff resources, managing users IDs etc. for additional Ministry reporting systems.
- Acting as the Centre’s Privacy Officer, maintaining the Centre’s privacy policies, ensuring the Grandview policies and procedures reflect compliance with current privacy legislation
- Ensuring full compliance with relevant legislation, maintaining client confidentiality and security of records.
- Dealing with families and legal representatives, where necessary, regarding custody and access situations and court orders requiring staff attendance as witness with the client record.
- Undertaking planning and evaluation, including ensuring that measurable objectives in both processes and statistical reporting meet evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Arranging and coordinating quarterly clinical chart audits, conducted on a random selection of caseload, reviewing results and supporting/acting upon recommendations as needed.