Are you a champion of best practices in corporate privacy with the expertise to make recommendations on how to improve the privacy, security and confidentiality of business processes? Can you design and deliver privacy awareness training? If so, this opportunity with the City of Hamilton would be an exciting career move.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Records & Freedom of Information, you’ll be the City’s subject matter expert on the protection of privacy, supporting the administration of municipal programs and services, and ensuring compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), and Privacy By Design principles. As Corporate Privacy Specialist, you’ll be in charge of developing and implementing the Corporate Privacy Program, including policies, procedures and strategies, and corporate privacy training. Your initiative and analytical skills will prove invaluable as you conduct Privacy Impact Assessments on business processes and technologies, develop and implement the Corporate Privacy Breach Protocol, as well as investigate, and lead the response to, corporate privacy breaches.
Your qualifications as Corporate Privacy Specialist will include:
- A university degree in Legal Studies, Public Administration, Information Management, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Considerable experience in the application of federal and provincial privacy legislation and security of personal information and personal health information, collected, used, protected and disclosed through municipal programs and services, including, but not limited to, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA), and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Certification with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Canada (CIPP/C), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or Privacy and Access Council of Canada (PACC) certification is preferred.
- Previous working experience in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments on business processes and technologies, and evaluating and addressing complex Threat Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrated strong research and analytical skills to assess privacy compliance, investigate issues and complaints, and make recommendations to improve the privacy, security and confidentiality of business processes.
- Considerable experience in designing and delivering privacy awareness training programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex facts, information and explanations to senior leaders, members of Council and various audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted working relationships and effectively collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to build consensus and provide sound judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work effectively under a high volume of work with continuously changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of the statutory responsibilities of the Office of the City Clerk.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software and Adobe Acrobat.
This permanent, full-time position offers a salary range of $49.856 to $58.309 per hour, based on a 35-hour work week schedule. This salary is under review. This position may be re-evaluated within six months of being filled.
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as Corporate Privacy Specialist, JOB ID #17472, and to apply online, by Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.