We’re looking for a Privacy Specialist to help inform and develop a world class privacy program at Hootsuite. You’ll be closely supporting our Director of Privacy to drive initiatives across the organization and translating complex global privacy laws into practical advice for business stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help develop and implement global processes to help scale our privacy program
- Provide frontline privacy support to business stakeholders throughout the organization (e.g., product development, sales, marketing, people, etc.)
- Support in the development of privacy related policies, notices and guidance
- Operationalize and administer key privacy initiatives (e.g., improvements to our data retention / deletion policies, PIAs, data inventories, vendor controls, data subject requests)
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders across the world to identify privacy risks and implement business minded solutions
- Develop and deliver privacy training and education initiatives
- Keep informed on global privacy trends and legislation to ensure Hootsuite’s privacy program is proactive, compliant and efficient.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Experience: 5+ years of demonstrated privacy, legal or compliance experience
- Education: Post-secondary education with a focus on legal, risk or public policy matters
- Knowledge: Familiarity and comfort level with privacy laws and principles, including the GDPR; bonus points for IAPP or other privacy certifications or experience working in SaaS / technology.