Why you should join us:
We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Do you have experience driving and implementing continuous improvement initiatives within your field of expertise? Are you passionate about working collaboratively with functional partners using your skilled ability to influence and lead through change? Then check out this wonderful opportunity to join our Suncor family. In this agile and interactive role, you will be responsible for executing key Human Resources (HR) governance, privacy and risk-based activities. Guided by operational discipline, you will be seen as a key player in advising senior leaders on privacy matters.
You will use your expertise to:
- Lead the privacy and risk governance model, roadmap and maturity across the HR function
- Management of privacy breach incidents; analysis and mitigation
- Facilitate Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) with the relevant Business Unit or Function and accept or make recommendations concerning PIA outcomes
- Respond to Personal Information Requests
- Drive privacy awareness across HR; develop and deliver training
- Manage related process documentation
- Represents HR on the Privacy Governance Committee
- Stewarding the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes, support HR on improving risk competency and manage the critical risk cycle
- Identify, analyze and act on continuous improvement opportunities in areas of expertise
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Experience working in HR governance, or equivalent privacy and risk experience
- Experience in the application of process design, project management, continuous improvement, and change management
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Information and Process Management, or a related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of access and privacy legislation and a thorough working knowledge of the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other related privacy legislation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present information and concepts in clear, concise and consumable manner
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and tasks
- An adaptability and willingness to advance work that is formative in nature
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Experience developing and delivering training, presentations, communications
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
We want you to have a job you’re passionate about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Suncor is a company where you can significantly grow your skills and career and achieve success.
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
DATE: DEC 16, 2020
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.