At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
If you are a detail-oriented individual seeking a dynamic new challenge, the City of Kamloops is offering up an exciting opportunity supporting the Kamloops RCMP as a temporary, full-time, Information and Disclosure Specialist. Under the limited supervision of the Client Support Services Supervisor, work will consist of the collection, retrieval and disclosure of selective data in various forms, while adhering to federal and provincial policies and legislation. If this sounds like a position that interests you, apply today!
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a minimum of one-year post-secondary education in a business or administration program.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and intermediate Excel, as demonstrated through testing (70% pass rate required).
- Typing speed of 45 net words per minute as demonstrated through testing.
- Minimum one-year previous experience working in a position that deals with data/major case management, disclosure and the release of information.
- Ability to successfully complete and pass all required courses offered on the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Secret Security Clearance Status. Please note, if you are unable to obtain or maintain an RCMP Secret Security Clearance, your employment with the City of Kamloops will be terminated.
Close Date: October 1, 2023