Cultivate your Career:
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 64,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert is seeking to hire an Information and Privacy Compliance Specialist to work in the Legislative Services department. This position will provide leadership for the Information and Privacy Program and further develop the Records Management Program of the City. In addition, the position will be responsible for the management of the St. Albert Municipal Cemetery.
As the Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the formal access to information requests received under the Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act and the Health Information Act. You will also provide advice, guidance, and training to City staff on the protection of privacy provisions within the FOIP legislation. Working with departments, you will analyze existing information management programs and provide recommendations to enhance practices related to the handling of data.
The ideal candidate will be able to interpret relevant legislation to make appropriate recommendations and process requests in a timely manner. Your strong interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to build relationships at all levels throughout the organization. You will provide leadership to the staff within the Records Management branch.
- A post secondary diploma or degree in a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience within a municipal government setting with respect to FOIP and Records Management.
- Designated Certified Records Manager and completion of a certificate program through International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, bylaws and regulations are beneficial to this position.
- Strong communication and analytical skills are essential, as is the ability to build relationships and engage with individuals across our organization.
- Competency in standard office business tools as well as and proficient in the use of spreadsheets and databases.