At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For close to 30 years, we’ve entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we’ve evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player’s idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it’s about entertainment.
The objective of the Information Privacy and Security Analyst role is to protect data and information systems from unauthorized access and/or manipulation. This role is responsible for participating in the planning, coordination and implementation of privacy and security practices and technologies across various BCLC divisions and in network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessments and performing information security assessments to ensure the on-going integrity of BCLC’s systems and infrastructure.
- Develops and implements system security procedures based on industry best practices and commensurate with the sensitivity and security requirements of BCLC systems.
- Performs information privacy and security assessments and recommends remediation plans for information privacy and security issues identified in the organization.
- Ensures that BCLC’s information assets are adequately protected against unauthorized/accidental alteration, loss, disclosure or destruction.
- Provides day-to-day monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
- Performs operational duties such as detailed analysis of incident, vulnerability and logs.
- Tests and analyzes malicious code, vulnerable software, security tools and patches.
- Analyzes and identifies information security trends.
- Provides maintenance and ongoing operation of security architecture for BCLC systems.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators as directed by the information security management team.
- Promotes the services offered by the Information Privacy and Security team throughout the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Understanding of information security risk management, controls and compliance;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize items;
- Strong technical skills (Application and OS hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, networking, IDS, firewalls, etc.);
- Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, file integrity monitoring and database monitoring;
- An understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and analytical thinking;
- General business acumen;
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent ability to manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change.