Supervises the team’s work activities by providing staff oversight, support, coaching and consultation; reviews quality of work, identifies strategies to facilitate success and ensures team contribution achieve organizational goals.
Oversees the administration of CNO’s Information Privacy and Security program; updates and refines program practices and procedures. Through collaboration with internal stakeholders and external experts, applies best and current privacy and information security practices to safeguard information management assets.
Team Lead Functions 50%
Plans and supervises staff in the performance of day-to-day activities to achieve team goals in accordance with CNO’s policies and procedures, and applicable employment-related laws. Responsibilities include the following;
- Planning recruitment activities, participating in interview panels and recommending a shortlist of candidates;
- Identifying training needs of team staff ; developing and conducting staff orientation and training specific to team functions;
- Assigning and delegating tasks to staff establishing clear expectations and timelines; monitoring progress; identifying and providing guidance to resolve issues ensuring timely feedback is provided, as necessary, to parties involved;
- Monitoring day-to-day work activities of team, providing timely and constructive or positive feedback and coaching support; supporting the manager in goal-setting and employee performance assessments
Oversight of Information Privacy and Security Program 50%
- Updates and refines CNO’s current privacy and access program, ensuring compliance with existing legislation and integration of best and current industry practices.
- Contributes to the development of information security policies ensuring alignment with the privacy and access program to establish an organizational framework for information privacy and security.
- Develops, updates and implements privacy and access processes and procedures, and ensures on-going review to ensure compliance with related legislation and other related CNO internal policies and procedures; identifies opportunities for improvement and currency with best practices to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops and delivers a sustainable education program for CNO staff that promotes a privacy and security-awareness culture.
- Responds to and resolves issues escalated by team members or internal stakeholders to provide expertise for privacy and access inquiries; provides interpretation or consults with experts to provide guidance; conducts privacy impact assessments related to products, technologies and vendors to identify and escalate potential privacy concerns.
- Coordinates the completion of threat risk assessments for new products, technologies, and vendors to identify risks.
- Oversees investigation and response to alleged violations of privacy and access legislation, policies, and procedures; recommends corrective action with clear and defensible rationale.
- Creates and presents monthly and ad hoc reports about privacy and security activities including breaches; in consultation with team leaders, identifies risks and trends, recommends and implements strategies to address patterns of breaches; leads the identification and creation of privacy and access metrics to measure program impact.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.