Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
The Director, Privacy works within the Governance, Risk and Compliance team to address corporate needs, enable compliance and efficient adoption of Infoway solutions such as PrescribeITTMPrescribeIT®, and to provide national digital health leadership in the privacy domain.
- Provides expert level advice and consultation to all levels of internal and external stakeholders on corporate and project related privacy and security issues
- Leads the development of reports or products to assist the development of Infoway projects and the Privacy Forum
- Monitors and provides advice on developments and best practices in domestic and international privacy legislation and practices related to digital health
- Contributes to and participates in the Privacy Office’s pan-Canadian Privacy Forum and Health Information Privacy Group meetings as well as corporate projects
- Provides privacy and security expertise to Infoway funded programs and projects to appropriately manage corporate risk and enable compliance
- Manages Infoway’s operational privacy program including the development and implementation of policies and procedures, including key measures and metrics to demonstrate program effectiveness
- Provides tools and reporting to increase the understanding of privacy considerations by internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expertise, guidance and negotiated issue resolution pertaining to the performance areas of TRAs, PIAs, privacy and security architectures and related risk management on Infoway work.
- Provide expertise on complex or escalated project phase deliverable sign-offs and funding/next phase gates with respect to the privacy and security solution architecture
- Enables adoption of Infoway’s digital health services
- Enables compliance with legislative and other requirements to facilitate timely adoption of Infoway’s digital health services (e.g. PrescribeITTMPrescribeIT®) through PIAs and other deliverables
- Liaises and partners with jurisdictional and other stakeholders to ensure support for deployment of Infoway’s services, including leading or supporting formal and informal consultations with government and regulatory bodies
- Supports Infoway’s business and legal teams in the deployment of agreements and other collateral required to enroll in Infoway services
- Convenes partners to support the development of pan-Canadian approaches on privacy related matters.
- Oversees the development of common requirements in support of digital health programs, technology and infrastructure.
- Oversees the development of common privacy related tools and products to support digital health initiatives.
- Provides expert level advice and consultation to all levels of stakeholders on common privacy approaches.