This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2016, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!
As a key member of the Privacy Department, the Privacy Counsel will be engaged in supporting Ceridian’s privacy program in accordance with global privacy laws, Ceridian policies and standards, and industry best practices.
Responsibilities: include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Remain abreast of changes in global laws and regulations affecting privacy as relates to Ceridian product and services, and work in close partnership with related internal functions, such as, product management and development to ensure that products
- are designed and delivered in compliance with legal obligations.
- Maintain knowledge of external legal and industry developments in privacy and proactively propose advisable business processes or practices.
- Serve as legal advisor on privacy matters to internal clients, such as product management and contract negotiators.
- Respond to external Client inquiries related to privacy.
- Review contract language related to privacy
- Formulate enterprise-wide privacy policies and procedures
- Assist the team to conduct a privacy impact assessment where required, and to identify and implement privacy controls and safeguards to remediate risks.
- Respond to suspected privacy incidents.
- Strong background in international data protection laws. Possesses up-to-date knowledge in the profession and industry.
- Speed and ability to learn and adapt to new situations/technologies. Ability to interpret regulatory concepts and requirements in light of diverse business functions and operational activities and other complexities.
- Extremely responsive:Able to respond swiftly and adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
- Skill communicating information about statutes, rules, and regulation and their applicability, both orally and in writing, to a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Skill in writing and formulating reports or memos including framing factual and legal issues in writing for a legal opinion and making recommendations for action.