Ministry of Attorney General
Director, Information Security and Compliance
$92,700.24 – $123,200.20 annually
Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Information Systems Branch (ISB) provides effective and collaborative information management and information technology (IM IT) advice and services to the justice and public safety sector.
The Director, Information Security and Compliance plays a critical leadership role in overseeing the Ministry’s Information Security Program and is responsible for monitoring the Ministry’s compliance with government policies and standards requirements for information security and data protection. In addition, this role is responsible for program staff, research and analysis and strategic actions to support the Executive leadership team. If you are an excellent communicator with analytical, judgement, persuasion and consensus building abilities who thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, we look forward to your application!Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and minimum 4 years of progressive related experience; OR:
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and 7 years of progressive related experience, as described below.
Progressive related experience must include ALL of the following:
- Experience leading and coaching teams of multi-disciplinary professionals and/or managers in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects and/or program objectives.
- Experience leading the development and/or implementation of IM IT policies, standards, strategies and/or business plans.
- Experience conducting security and/or privacy audits, investigations, and/or other risk management assessments as they relate to software applications and the protection of sensitive information.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders and providing expert advice to senior management or executive.
- Experience writing and developing strategies, plans, and reports for executive-level audiences and providing oral briefings to senior executives.
For more information, and to apply online by May 1, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/86179