The NRC Advantage
GREAT MINDS. ONE GOAL. CANADA’S SUCCESS.
The National Research Council of Canada represents a powerful partnering option for anyone looking to push the boundaries of science and industry. In fact, as the Government of Canada’s premier research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development, we have become catalysts for innovation. For over a hundred years, the impact of our work with industry leaders and other government bodies has shaped Canada’s future. We partner with some of the most creative and solutions-driven minds in the world.
And now, we want to partner with you. Be part of our collective force to come up with potentially disruptive solutions to Canada’s current and future technology challenges. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic Junior Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) officer to support the delivery of information access and privacy services at NRC. This individual will be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
As a member of the ATIP team within Knowledge, Information and Technology Services, the Junior ATIP Officer is responsible for responding to requests under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act, provides training and advice to NRC staff, and has the opportunity to participate in a range of initiatives relating to the management and dissemination of information at NRC.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards.
Asset qualifications – Successful completion of a certification course relating to Access to Information and/or Privacy.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Basic experience responding to ATIP requests, working within an Access to Information and Privacy team.
- Basic experience providing policy and procedural advice and guidance.
- Basic experience preparing ATIP documentation (letters, reports, etc.) reviewing records, proposing consultations, and proposing the application of exemptions and exclusions as per ATIP legislation.
- Basic experience using ATIP case management software.
Condition of Employment
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Basic knowledge of ATIP legislation, policies, procedures, reporting requirements, and roles/responsibilities within the Government of Canada context.
- Ability to interpret policies and guidance documents related to the processing of ATIP requests, in order to determine an appropriate course of action.
- Basic knowledge of Government of Canada central agencies and agents of Parliament responsible for the administration of ATIP.
- Basic knowledge of information management and recordkeeping legislation, policies, principles and practices in the Government of Canada.
- Management services – Client focus (Level 2)
- Management services – Communication (Level 2)
- Management services – Partnering (Level 1)
- Management services – Teamwork (Level 1)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile(s): Management Services