Throughout this four month internship (ideally commencing end of April) and under the supervision and mentorship of the Director, Legal and Privacy Officer, the Legal & Privacy Intern will play an important role in helping to respond to some significant challenges the team faces daily. To this end some of the major accountabilities will revolve around contract management, corporate governance and legal research. The incumbent will have the opportunity to demonstrate sound legal judgment, the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, and the confidence to communicate at all levels. To succeed in this role you’ll need a keen enthusiasm and an open and curious attitude.
- Assisting with revisions and review of contracts and legal documents in various jurisdictions.
- Supporting the preparation of legal documents, correspondence and regulatory filings.
- Assisting with corporate governance including record keeping, filing and maintenance of organized and current internal documentation.
- Conducting legal research as required in support of the team and objectives of the organization.
- Exhibiting the required eagerness to learn about corporate/commercial law, privacy law, advertising & marketing law, and intellectual property and travel law in Canada and internationally.
- A current Law School student or current student/recent graduate from a paralegal/clerk program is an asset.
- Superior communication skills; able to speak confidently at all levels and willing to push back in the best interests of the organization
- Excellent analysis and research skills coupled with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and priorities appropriately
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, with adaptability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A collaborative team player, yet also self motivated and also able to work independently.
- Strong english communication, both written and verbal
- Identification with the G Adventures Core Values
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
Click for additional details and to apply